Here are some examples of tools, templates and apps I have created using Apps Script. For most of them, you will be able to re-use the code for your own projects once I take the time to create copies available for download. If you're in a hurry or simply curious, simply message me.
- action item tracker – automatically centralising action items from various documents and sending reminders when close to deadlines; something simple that is always useful for any project involving multiple team members.
- centralised to-do list – a personal, automated to-do list, automatically hiding finished tasks and sorting them, as well as using conditional formatting and checkboxes to display things nicely; this comes associated with a Google form to easily submit tasks and works offline. An Action on Google was also developed to also be able to add a task verbally and to potentially hear out remaining tasks for the day.
- chapter-by-chapter distribution – sharing creative work on a piece-meal basis and depending on access rights of potential readers (in particular to check for mandatory age requirements in the case of art forms not suitable for children); also a good way to see which book chapters prove popular and where readers lose interest.
- meeting countdown timer – a simple countdown to finish meetings on time but without being distracted by minutes trickling down (the countdown shows remaining time in increments of 5 minutes, then 1 minute once close to reaching zero).
- summary generation – automatically generating summaries of work done from emails sent to a specific email address by team members; useful to easily share what everyone has been working on over the past day/week, and what they are planning to do.
- teacher scoring – automatically creating access-restricted spreadsheets for students, displaying their scores, rankings, and teacher comments; currently used by a teacher.
- website creation – creating properly HTML-formatted webpages from Google documents; bonus: this script generates a Bootstrap-compliant website, with automatically-generated indexes of stories (this is what I'm using for this website, then hosting everything onto Firebase).
- easy calendaring – scheduling everything in a spreadsheet and automatically porting it all into a calendar; very useful when planning for complex travel schedules and team offsites.
- custom emailing – otherwise known as "mail merge", automatically sending personalised emails to various recipients; expect response rates from your recipients to go from 30% (when emailing them in a group) to 80% (when emailing them individually).