This is a non-exhaustive list of defunct, ongoing and future projects. One (fairly obvious) thing I have come to realise over the years is that I prove much more successful when I partner up with someone else on a project – there's simply more momentum, more energy, more creative ideas. As such, feel free to contact me if you are interested about any of the following projects, or if you'd like to share any project idea of your own.
- Memojog – created a flashcard application in Vue.js with a Firebase back-end and Bootstrap for CSS; its primary usage is to better memorise key geographic details and get better at the GeoGuessr game.
- YouTube channel – publishing videos at least once a week of my GeoGuessr gameplay; it's been an interesting experience to see the channel grow in line with the regularity of the content posted.
- Writing photo stories – publishing essays and various stories of my travels (more than 200 to date).
- Photo themes – walking around with a friend or my nephew, and engaging in improvised, creative photo contests.
- Coaching – mentoring and coaching various people within and outside Google.
- Consulting – shhh, this is top secret but yes, you can contact me if you are keen on hiring me. I work for free or for a fee. Past projects include strategy consulting for an independent film theatre and supporting the creation of startup accelerators.
- 10xMBA – a training program on soft skills, initially started in 2017, paused in 2018, and revived since 2021.
- 365 world events – a list of all the cool (and free) events, festivals, things to do for any city/country in the world.
- Reminders app – an app to remind you of things you have to do, adapting to the country you live in: taxes, bills, health screenings, pet medication, house cleaning, passport renewal, etc.
- Stand-up comedy – I'm not funny and I'm an introvert but it doesn't matter, I'm preparing my own grand entrance into the stand-up comedy space.
- 2debate – a debating podcast hosted with my friend and colleague Dirk since 2016, and with my sister Lydia as additional co-host in 2021.
- Audiobooks – reading books out loud with my "beautiful" voice, mainly to my nephews and nieces.
- Cartoons – humble attempts at drawing.
- Selling traditional art – supporting artisans and artists as I meet them around the world. Here is an example of a sand/cotton painter in Myanmar, with the idea in the back of my head that I could create a single website to help all those craftspeople I encounter (and can vouch for) in selling their art.
- Obsentia – video montages created exclusively out of drone footage.
- Sports statistics – capturing audio while playing and using the speech-to-text API to transcribe the data into relevant sports statistics.
- CoachCV – reviewing and improving CVs.
- Ship Your Love – spreading love around the world.
- Real estate agency website – one of my very first projects, back in 2001: a complete solution, external website and internal-facing database admin interface included... never sold a single instance!